Friday 8 July 2011

Keep On Swimming

Well, he has told the girls that we are having problems and are trying to work it out but we don't know if we will.  He was with 2 of them, alone and it seemed like the right thing to do.  He says they took it quite well. I think they know that things have not been rosy between us for a while anyway.  I'm not sure how they will cope as time goes on but they have each other.  I never really knew why my parents divorced, probably because of my mother's infidelity, but not actually certain.  I spoke to the middle daughter earlier in the day when we were together.  She is having problems with her boyfriend and was talking to me about them and it just seemed appropriate.


He then told me that she is definitely keeping it and should he go the whole hog and tell the girls about that. I told him no because only 2 of them were there and it would not be fair on them.  I think we need to see how we go before dropping any more bombshells on them.


I got a piece of advice the other day about looking forward five years from now and imagine how I want your life to be.  "If it's with him then go for it .... if not then make the changes.... just work through your feelings and do it for YOU. No-one really knows what anyone else's marriage is really like - but take your time to decide what's best for you."  This is where it becomes difficult because, despite all his faults, I still cannot actually imagine living without him. Or maybe I just can't at the moment.  But I cannot imagine continuing with the knowledge that he has a child with another woman :(

No comments:

Post a Comment